When I got the first email alerting me to a completed survey, I danced a jig in the kitchen. As more and more came in, I was delighted that so many participated. You have given me much to chew on the past few days. The responses are captivating and oh so telling as to what is going on in the lives of women everywhere.
After compiling and contemplating the answers to the survey, here is what I learned about what you seek, what you struggle with, and what you hope I can do for you.
What You Seek
- A vibrant, living faith.
- A sense that someone else gets you.
- God’s truth applied to your life.
- A good laugh. And a good cry.
- Feeling like you are the wife, mother, woman Christ desires you to be.
- A word from God.
What You Struggle With
- Trying to balance it all.
- Feeling alone, left out.
- Struggling to trust God with every little thing.
- Raising children.
- Strained relationships with husband and friends.
- Wanting a deeper faith, more quality time with God.
- Dealing with anxiety over how God and others view you.
- Worry. Fear. Grief.
- Discovering your place in God’s plan.
- Stress concerning job, finances.
- Accepting imperfections and inadequacies.
What You Want From Me
- Someone to help you feel a little less crazy and alone by being real and transparent. Nitty gritty truthfulness.
- Words that point you to Christ and His word.
- Divine insight in the midst of the every day.
- Real life stories so you can relate, connect, and experience the “I get you” factor.
- A laugh. And a cry!
- Inspiration to live your faith fully.
Can I share something with you? Reading the responses to this survey may have been one of the most affirming experiences of my life. Why? Because what you want from me, I can give to you. Ya’ll, I am WIRED to share about what is going on in my life. Can’t help but talk about what God is teaching me. Love nothing more than convincing people they should follow Christ with crazy abandon. It is what makes me tick. It’s like breathing for me.
And this is what I concluded:
- I promise to write with abandon telling you the real, honest, and often embarrassing truth about my life and what God is teaching me.
- I promise to point you to Christ every chance I get. What He reveals to me, I will pass on to you.
- I promise to be both funny and sad so that you have plenty of opportunities to embarrass yourself while reading this blog in the presence of others.
- I promise to shoot straight with you. I will not sugar coat or pretty up the hard truths He asks me to type.
- I promise to share what I’ve learned about developing a deep and vibrant faith in the midst of a messy and imperfect life. Any spiritual nugget of truth I posses is yours too.
- I promise to take you with me on this outlandish adventure He has me on and will push you to live yours too. Faith without fences, dear hearts.