You know that thing where you have a friend you love to tell stuff to, but you don’t see each other often, and you have a heart full of things to say to them, so you tell yourself you’re going to wait until you “have plenty of time” before you call because you don’t want to skim the surface during the conversation….you want to go deep.
BUT YOU FINALLY WAKE UP AND BREATHE REATLITY and tell yourself to just get on the durn phone already because “have plenty of time” ain’t happening any day soon.
Do you know that thing?
‘Cause that’s where I’ve been with you, my dears, for lo these FIVE (tell me it ain’t so!) LONG MONTHS.
Please don’t hate me. Today you get the super fast catch up (i still can’t wrap my mind around why all thirteen of my readers care one iota about my happenings). Maybe one day when the children are graduating college I’ll get back into a regular writing schedule.
MY HEART IS SO FULL. But here goes….list style.
- A bazillion thank yous for all your sweet words and heaven pounding prayers back when we had the hearing for the New Chick. After TWO days at court one month apart, and multiple heart failures in between, HE’S STILL IN OUR NEST!!!! Hallelujah to the Great I AM. It ain’t over yet, friends. But at least he’s still under my roof. Another hearing should be coming up, but in true government fashion, I have no idea when.
- I love my work! It’s been a super busy spring as I built a new website for Disciples’ Village, and then dove headlong into creating brochures, and connecting more people to what we do, too. Is there anything better than doing what you love?? The Father is soo good to me.
- June is trying to kill me. We had company from Haiti, a trip to Haiti, Art camp, Football camp, stomach virus, wall paper tear down, 10 year anniversary trip, a baby shower, switching a 2 year old from the crib to the big boy bed, and saying goodbye to the mother of my heart as she moved to North Alabama. HAVE. MERCY. All the emotions and stuff.
- Did I mention Hand, Foot and Mouth disease? It ain’t no joke, friends. 5 of the 6 of us had it and I would rather have a root canal. I’ve actually never had a root canal, but it can’t be worse than this. It’s been a month. My feet are still peeling from all the blisters and now some of my fingernails are coming off. Dear scientists, we need an immunization for this!
- The kids are all fine. Wild and unruly, as usual. 3 of the 4 are mostly potty trained. (As if you care.) But the one who is transitioning to the big boy bed might not make it through the month. Because reverting from sleeping to not sleeping is for the birds. Ain’t nobody got time to be tired all day.
- I’ve gained 7 pounds. SEVEN STINKING POUNDS. I’ve got to get it off. But I’m too hungry to get it off. And I like to eat all the good stuff. And all the emotions drive me to eat. Bleh. Just BLEH.
- HAITI. Did I mention Haiti? I just got back. I love it more every time I go. There is a hunger there, folks, for the light of Christ…for the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I can feel the beat of it in my bones, as a friend recently said. The rhythm of God moving in a hundred ways, orchestrating His will for the good of people overlooked and underheard. Being a part of that song is LIFE CHANGING.
Maybe the rhythm will get you too. 😉 Come with me!!